Saturday, May 15, 2010

Assuming it was up to you, which would you rather see, a Titanium Rain movie or TV (mini?) series? Also is it true that the book is "banned" in China? (I think I heard that rumor but can't find a weblink.

As far as seeing Titanium Rain translated into a film or TV mini-series, I'm open to either. That said, I'm not writing this story in the hopes that some day it'll be told in another medium. As an author and artist, sequential story telling is the medium I've chosen to work in. A graphic novel is EXACTLY how I want readers to experience Titanium Rain. The story is written to take full advantage of the medium's strengths, and really couldn't be told any other way without losing some of the magic

That said, if anyone was to make Titanium Rain in to a film, my dream would be for it to be animated by Production IG and directed by Mamoru Oshii.

-Josh

Ask me anything

No comments: