Sunday, November 16, 2008

What's pissing Kat off today?

I'm sitting at my computer, listening to the Portal soundtrack (because it's soothing and calm) and cursing the day I decided to buy a Mac. I now, officially HATE Mac computers.

That's right I said it. I don't care if it's blasphemy I HATE MAC COMPUTERS!!!

It's bad enough that Mac OS X is so sickeningly cute I know Apple thinks I'm a total moron.
It's bad enough I can't defrag my hard drive properly until I have Apple update items on my computer.
It's bad enough that they have decided to stop upgrading the OS for free so soon I won't be able to run many of the programs that I rely on (like the web browser) efficiently unless I drop the $$ to get the latest version.
And finally it was bad enough when I upgraded the video card to something more modern and found that I had to COMPLETELY REPLACE my monitor because the plug for my Mac flat screen want compatible with the new jacks that Mac had switched to and a converter was the same price as a new monitor.

No, do you want to know what has made me decide to curse Mac Computers and never purchase one again. Do you want to know what it is?

Well, I bought this particular computer because it was 1) supposed to be the best thing on the market at the time for graphics and 2) it was supposed to be built specifically for media production (3D, movie editing, etc.) You would think a multimedia computer like that WOULD HAVE A FUCKING MICROPHONE JACK BUILT INTO IT!!! WTF? No microphone jack, no internal microphone, no sound input whatsoever. They want to you to buy a fucking USB mic.

I hate this thing. All I wanted to do was go onto Skype and now I have to buy a special set up or something in order to do so.

I am so looking forward to the day when I can replace this thing and launch it on a trebuche or something because I hate this computer with a passion.

:sigh:

-Kat

2 comments:

Joanna said...

No microphone jack? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Hell, my crappy Dell laptop (the one I'm on this very moment) has a microphone jack. I'm on skype as well come to think of it...

Kat said...

yeah, makes no sense. have a microphone now. :) I'll email you, maybe we can chat on Skype sometime. :)