Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's Official...

As of this day, I am now legally, Kat Finney. :applause: I went down to the SSA today and got it all taken care of. Took about an hour wait for a 10min. procedure. :) But now I am officially Mrs. Finney and it feels really good to say it. :) Now begins the process of changing my DL and all the financial stuff. Much fun... but well worth it. I really got a kick out of seeing "Finney" on the letter that they gave me when I left.

Ok, It's now time for "fun things overheard while at government buildings". I literally heard a woman say that not only was her son "addicted" to Craig's List and used it for everything. She then elaborated by stating that he "adopted my grandchild through Craig's List".... Does your brain blue-screen on this too? Not only is that illegal... it's just stupid. I mean, there are so many things WRONG with that statement.... and then you start thinking "they probably aren't the only ones doing this." the idea that there are actually multiple people "adopting" children through Craig's list. The stupidity... the outright wrongness... I'm so glad I'm not in retail anymore cause now I don't have to deal personally with these people.

On to other news, Josh and I just got back from AZ where we saw the air show at Luke Air Base. Well... I should say that we saw the airplanes on the tarmac... not the air show itself. The line to get into the base on Saturday was a full three blocks long and that is not an exaggeration. They had it serpentine three times down the street from one traffic light to the next. So we said "screw it" and arrived super early on Sunday morning to get in. We left before they flew any planes (got there at 8 and they weren't going to fly anything till noon) but seeing all the F16s on the field was very awesome.

We even talked to a few of the training squadrons that were selling stuff. Bought a g-string from the Fighting Bulldogs (had to. It was just too hilarious) and a charm for my charm bracelet from the Mad Mallards. They were cool. Their squadron patch has Donald Duck on it, so their attitude patch says QQMF (means Quack Quack Mother Fucker). :evil grin: Josh bought a "zap" sticker from them as well as a Raptor patch for his jacket.

Though they weren't flying any Raptors at the time we did get to see two of them on the runway. We couldn't get any closer than 100 feet or so but I got some good shots.

Well, I think that's it for now.

-Kat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was curious to see if you could find a kid to adopt on Craig's list. So I took a look-see in CL for San Diego, and I didn't come up with anything about adopting kids. I did however find out that people can and do post pictures of their genitals. Everything's a learning experience.

BTW, hellafied find on the air show thong. Good job.

Kat said...

Haha. yeah, I couldn't resist. It came with a little booklet of all the "uses" you could have for the thong. Very funny.

Well, I'm glad to hear that people aren't adopting kids in SD... at least not now.

As for the genitals, is this to buy or lease? :)

Anonymous said...

Lease, I think. I came across this listing that said "wild child" and clicked on it out of morbid curiosity. All I can say is that there are some frisky 24-year old dudes out there.

Unexpected wang FTW.