Saturday, March 7, 2009

New Sketch

Ok, I know it's been a while since I posted a new art piece but I've been busy (mostly with TR). I guess the bright side to the Xbox dying was it gave me a chance to eek out a few hours and do this piece.
It's a death's head moth (but I'm sure you could tell that already. :)). I was inspired to do this as a possible tattoo design for a friend of mine. I drew it first on paper using pencil, then I scanned it into photoshop and "inked" it, adding some more spikes and overall improving the piece. Then I added the water colors and dodge/burned it to add depth.
I'm finding that I really enjoy doing these "tribal insect" pieces. I have also done a dragonfly and have the beginings of a butterfly. Currently working on a locust but I can't seem to get it right... I'll post it as soon as I get it to work. :)

-Kat

No comments: